Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Taken

Our Rank 4/5

Our Opinions...

EA- First of all Liam Neeson did a great job of acting in this film, but i just dont find this film that great i just could not relate to it. There is no way a guy can go into Europe find his daughter that had been taken and get her back in like 48 hours. I dont believe it for a second. I just found this film sorta unrealistic and just a little ridiculous. It was ok the first time i watched it in the theatres but i wouldn't watch it again. Liam Neeson did a good job at acting in this film but his daughter Kim ( Maggie Grace) did an awful job at acting.

JC- This film was great right from the get-go. My attention was immediately drawn into an action packed, suspenseful thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat. Although it did seem like Bryan Mills had superhuman powers, it did describe how he had over 30 years of training and he said himself that he had a  "particular set of skills that make me a nightmare for guys like you". "I will find you, and I will kill you." After he said that I was immediately attached to whatever happened next. Bryan was just so smart and witty that everything he did was interesting and intelligent. I loved this film and would love to watch it again.

Pros and Cons
JC- The pure adrenaline packed action in this film did enough to keep me entertained. Not only was it the action but it was also the adventure Bryan had to go on in order to save his daughter. His grit and determination somehow got him out of even the most dangerous situations and allowed for him to save his daughter in a short time. The only con I can think of is the fact that Bryan seemed almost as if he was a "superhero" and there was no way he could be put down. However, that is what the movie making industry is all about, expanding our imaginations and entertaining their audiences, which is what Taken did exactly.

EA- I would have to say that the acting in this film was wondrous, Liam Neeson that is. He did a great job expressing his yearning to retrieve his daughter from those filthy men. Although I did enjoy his acting, the movie seemed almost too good to be true. The idea that somebody could get to their daughter in those circumstances, in that amount of time, is just unreal. I probably won't want to watch this film again.

No comments:

Post a Comment